Ok, I know that I’ve been slack with these posts, but, more than ever, consistency will be returned to this blog (can you hear me trying to convince myself?).
Instead of this being just about the past seven days, I’ll talk about what’s been happening recently that has kept me so ridiculously busy.
1. Job! Gainful employment! Monneh!
I’ve recently got into a new job, and it’s a rather fantastic one. Nonetheless, I always find that the initial stage of a new job is just one big period of routine readjustment, and, after three weeks, I feel like everything is falling into place again.
Expect more posts more often, as well as the launch of A London Life – that currently content-empty section on this blog.
2. My lovely friend, Jess, arrived in London yesterday for a two-week visit, and a whole bunch of South Africans (and a special Brit) met up in Soho to celebrate.
That evening just reminded me how much I love Soho; it’s definitely one of my favourite parts of central London.
3. On Friday night, the amazing Ayla of Mrs Ayla’s Adventures invited me along to experience the Zoo Lates at the London Zoo for the first time, and it was awesome. For a short period over the summer, the zoo opens on Friday evenings, allowing visitors to see the animals while enjoying drinks, street food and watching other entertainment.
The Zoo Lates are sold out for this year, but I’d definitely recommend looking out for next year’s sessions!
I can’t wait to report back from the festival; judging from the line-up and the fellow attendees, it sounds like it’ll be an amazing weekend.
5. I’ve been getting back into the swing of writing more frequently, and these are some of the more recent posts:
|From our trip to Cornwall.|
7. Last, but not least, this week I booked my flights to Cape Town for my sister’s wedding. See you in September, Mother City!
That’s it for now, and I’ll be writing another one of these soon. Until then, have a happy week!